Basketball Court Resurfacing
Basketball Court Resurfacing & Repairs in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
Basketball courts in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut not only provide years of fun, they also require little maintenance if done by licensed and insured professionals, like Sports Surfaces. Our reputable techniques used at Sports Surfaces have successfully restored countless basketball courts and exceeded customer expectations.
All basketball courts are subject to gradual fading, flaking and “bird baths” caused by natural wear and tear. That’s why investing in professional maintenance and repair is key to keeping your basketball court in optimal condition for years of enjoyment. Our experts at Sports Surfaces work with you to target areas of improvement and get your basketball court back to perfect condition.
Take a look at our specialized step-by-step basketball court resurfacing and repair process below:
Note: All of the acrylics we use provide 100% UV protection for your courts. This allows the asphalt to remain moist and helps prevent premature cracking. Think of our process as sunscreen protection for your court!
1 Hour Quick Quote
Basketball Court Installation & Repair Process: Bare Concrete
While bare concrete surfacing is one of the most challenging surfaces for basketball court contractors to work with, Sports Surfaces has maintained a reputation for success in the industry. Our team has dedicated years of research and development to perfect a resurfacing system that is long lasting and adheres well. As part of our thorough process, we install a vapor barrier, a medium broom finish and use a natural cure on the surface. We strongly suggest that customers considering having concrete poured and finished seek a professional basketball court company to ensure a seamless end result.
Typical basketball court dimensions are approximately 50’x 94.’
Please note: Court must have a minimum of 1% slope in one plan to guarantee removal of water.
- Pressure clean basketball court to remove loose debris, dirt, mildew and oil.
- Repair dips greater than 1/8 inch. After 1-hour drying time, smooth ridges.
- Repair all cracks, if necessary.
- Bare concrete courts should be acid etched with muriatic acid or phosphoric acid to neutralize alkalytic properties of concrete and allow acrylic paint to adhere properly.
- Apply two (2) coats of cementicious paint, Acrylotex, which allows paint to bond slowly and successfully to surface.
Lines are primed and painted per high school or NCAA specifications.
Basketball Court Resurfacing Process: Asphalt or Already Color Coated Concrete
Please note: Specifications may vary depending on condition of playing surface.
- Apply one (1) coat of acrylic resurfacer on basketball court to create a completely smooth surface.
- Apply two (2) coats of acrylic color concentrate (two-tone) to create court-wide color.
- Two-inch wide playing lines are primed and painted using white textures heavy bodied acrylic latex paint per high school or NCAA specifications.
From Bergen County to Long Island to Westchester, Sports Surfaces is proud to offer premier tennis court construction throughout the Northeast! We currently serve customers in counties throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Please contact us today for your free estimate!